Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Inspired


Where do liturgical artists get their inspiration? Ultimately the inspiration comes from God but I find things like a walk through a museum, seeing a detail on a wonderful piece of architecture or the color of a wall in a coffee shop for example can spark that creative spirit. When I need to get out of the studio I often find my way to a bookstore which is yet another way to fuel my energy into a new project or revitalize one that has yet to jell. One of my recent finds in How to Read A Church, by Richard Taylor. If you aren’t familiar with this title you will enjoy the explanations of interpreting images in church art, understanding symbolism of individual animals, plants, colors, numbers, and letters, and considerations of how a church can reflect the Christian year. Happy reading!

No comments: